Hey people, approximately 24 hours ago I got an email that got my heart aflutter. Just imagine, after just five months of blogging and just 25 post I got nominated for an award. An award given to up and coming bloggers with under 200 WordPress followers, The Liebster Award originated in Germany. Liebster means dearest or beloved, and Liebe is love. So I feel very ecstatic that people feel I deserve this award. And not just ‘people’ but I was nominated by a blogger who has being kind of role model and inspiration in the struggle to write better and more importantly to write interesting stories and not so crappy articles. So first of all I’d like to thank Tonwa, the not so crazy writer behind The Crazy Nigerian an awesome blog which you all have to check out. Apparently there are some iron clad rule which I have to adhere to or I forfeit (which is out of the question by the way)
- Thank the person who nominated you
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the question they have asked you
- Nominate 11 other people
- Ask the nominees 11 question
- Last and definitely least, let them know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts about Myself
- One of my greatest difficulty, as just discovered is apparently answering questions about myself
- For the past five years now I’ve had this recurring dream where I pick up a magazine and see my name as the richest black dude ever
- For the first five months after registering this blog on wordpress.com, I was too chicken to post on it.
- I earnestly support the theory that everything’s more fun with Alcohol
- As a kid, I spent quite a long time in my own fantasy world, especially when everybody was being their usual annoying selves.
- For the next few months I’ll be trying out the whole singlehood and celibacy thingy, so if I seem touchy or grouchy for no particular reason, you know what to blame it on.
- In approximately 6 months I’ll be a graduate, and I absolutely have no idea what to do with myself.
- One of my targets for the new year was to win an award for “something” still wondering if this counts?
- I’m a music fanatic, it just helps me process better and do stuff faster.
- My friends think I’m too violent, I just don’t see it though.
- I’m kind of a recluse emotional, why do have to tell you how I feel?
Now, the hard part
- If you could rescue only one personal item from a burning house what would it be – why? It’d be my glasses. So I can actually walk to the fire station, or at least see enough to get the hell outta there.
- Which would you prefer this year – 10,000 more page views or a hundred more followers? You actually have to ask that? Which is more, 10,000 or 100? I’m a typical African, I’ll go for quantity.
- Of all the blog themes why did you choose your current blog theme? To be honest, a snail moves faster than my Modem. It was actually the first preview I could open….and it looked kinda cool too.
- What is the one thing (animate or inanimate) that you are terrified of? One word; Poverty.
- If you could teleport yourself to any part of the world right now, where would it be? Err… I’d go to Ukraine and see a friend.
- Which F.R.I.E.N.D.S character do you think you share a similar personality with? I’ll go with Ross Geller, he’s tall, Brilliant, got the cutest girl and it took him a while to get his act together.
- If you could eat one type of dish for a whole month, what would it be? Actually done this already, and it was Rice all the way.
- What is the title of you last blog post? Love Matters? (1\3)
- If you won $1,000,000 what is the first thing you would spend on or invest in? I’d first get myself an ipad….and by the way contributions are now being accepted.
- When you get angry what do you do to calm yourself down? Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays I just go to the Dojo and beat down on some unfortunate individual. Every other day, I listen to music.
- Do you believe in life after death (explain your reason)? I’m just gonna take the easy way out here, I’m Agnostic.
And my nominations for the Liebster award. Noted for their inspiring and refreshing contents, in no particular order are:
- When Shit’s About to Get Real
- INCOHERENCE | DISCLAIMER: NOT HUMAN
- Ehienab’s Blog
- Kemmiiii’s Blog
- Ekon Nke
- Mulicat’s Blog
- Thoughts from an Empty Head
- Mimisule’s Blog
- Wana’s Playbook
- Shade’s Blog
- Dami Writes
Congratulations. And I’ve also got to ask you guys a few questions too.
My questions for the nominees
- If you could only rescue one parent from a burning house which would you save, and why?
- How do spend your free time?
- What is your greatest achievement so far?
- If you were appointed President of your country, what would be your first act?
- If you have to choose between dying by poisoning or suffocation, which will you prefer?
- If you had just a wish, answer guaranteed what would you wish for?
- Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings (state reasons please)
- What are the best five words that would describe you?
- Which of the F.R.I.E.N.D.S character would date if you have the opportunity?
- How did you get interested in writing?
- If you could start all over in life, would you change anything?
This is like my longest blog post and I hope y’all have fun reading it.
NOTE: There is no general committee that handles this award. its’s just a recognition from one blogger to another for how awesome they are. Kind of like a really big internet hug!
Beht of cos, itz the Naija Dude